Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Many Faces of Finn


Here is a huge chunk of how I spent my day today.  In between copies and meetings, you can't blame me for wanting to have some fun :)

This came about completely by accident.  I was on Facebook (because I'm productive like that) when I saw some Finn Your Face pictures.  I followed the Cartoon Network link to the pdf file that included all 24 faces that are part of their Finn Your Face campaign.  Admittedly, I saved the pdf and sort of forgot about it.

I happened to see the file again this week and got thinking... there are a lot of great expressions in here.  I tried to match up as many of them as I could with emotions like traurig, froh or böse.  I printed them out, made labels with both the German word (big, bold and center) and English word (small and to the side).  After backing them with construction paper and laminating them, I hung them up and made use of some otherwise awkward board space.

Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out.  It gives the room some color, provides vocab for a topic that never comes up in any of the units we cover, and is totally adorable.

The pdf for Finn Your Face is available for free online from Cartoon Network.  Finn and Adventure Time are copyright of Cartoon Network.

- Frau Leonard

2 comments:

  1. Hey I just stumbled across your blog and I love it! ny chance you still have that file with the facial expressions? I'mteaching this at the moment but the link to CN is down....
    Keep upyour amazing work
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I just stumbled across your blog and I love it! ny chance you still have that file with the facial expressions? I'mteaching this at the moment but the link to CN is down....
    Keep upyour amazing work
    Anna

    ReplyDelete