Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Window Art

Here's a quick activity to do with your lower level students.  All you need are some dry erase markers and windows :)

German 1 is currently doing a weather unit.  First I had students work with their groups to list types of weather common for each season.  I then assigned each group a season and a window - their job was to decorate the window with pictures and descriptions of weather for that season.  I had five groups instead of four, so I had the fifth group instead do "unusual" weather.  I also had groups come up with five different weather expressions for their topic.

Here's how some of them turned out:

"Unusual" Weather

Frühling

Sommer
The students had a lot of fun just because it was something different.  It's an activity I'd like to do again, probably when German 2 does body parts.  I would recommend using brighter colors (no black or brown), just because they're not as visible from a distance.


- Frau Leonard

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! I actually did this in level 2 today (and then had a follow up worksheet the kids had to fill out using past tenses), and they LOVED it!!! Recht herzlichen Dank!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I can't wait to try and incorporate it again with another class - my German 1 class had so much fun with it!

      Delete