Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Things Every Teacher Needs in Their Desk

This isn't about teaching strategies or anything like that - this is way more practical. It's the type of thing you usually learn after years of experience, but it's something everyone needs to consider whenever they get a new classroom: what do you need to keep in your desk?

Obviously there are school supplies like pens, pencils, post-its, and all that. That's a completely different thing from what I'm talking about right now. I mean things that you personally might need during the school year for surprise or emergency situations.

So in no particular order, here are things I try to keep in my desk:

  • Deodorant
  • Brush/Comb
  • Mirror
  • Change of Clothes (I have spilled coffee on myself twice this year...)
  • Cell Phone Charger
  • Box of Bandaids (I have also cut my hand open twice from paper clips this year...)
  • Non-perishable snack items (instant soup, chips, cliff bars, candy, etc)
  • Water Bottles
  • Gum/Breath mints
  • Blanket/Sweater
  • Advil (or equivalent)
  • Cough Drops
  • Chapstick
  • Hair Ties
  • Pads/Tampons
  • Thumb Drive (kind of work related, but sometimes you need a way to transfer files/print things/whatever)

Are there any items you keep on hand just in case?

- Frau Leonard

No comments:

Post a Comment