Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Early Finishers Table

As is usually the case, I saw something on Twitter that I thought would be a great addition to my classroom!

I had an extra table in the back of my room that didn't get a lot of use, so I put out a bunch of German games and activities that we don't necessarily get to use in class. Any time a student finishes all of their work and there's still time in class, they can head over to play one of the games or do one of the activities.


I dug through my cabinets to find as much as I could to tempt students, including...


Uno! Complete with vocab help so they can play auf Deutsch.

 

Card games we sometimes use in class including: Pit, Apples to Apples (food vocab), Was memest du?, Trumpfspiel: German cities. The orange cards are a vocabulary game I got a while ago from Teacher's Discovery (on clearance, so no link).


Some authentic German games I have: German Scrabble, Black Stories, Werewolf. 

 

There was unfortunately some graffiti on my walls by this table which I couldn't remove, so I put up some construction paper where students can write on instead. 


German books that students can look or read through. 


I also found and printed out some German-themed coloring pages. 

Students also have access to Duolingo and Gimkit assignments if they would rather do a computer based game instead.

Do you have any activities in place for students who finish their work early? 

- Frau Leonard


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! It truly has inspired me to do so many more activities in my German classroom. Your idea of creating a space for students to basically "be themselves" is so genius! I love the idea of having a place where students can "grafitti"! How cool! I can't wait to incorporate some of these ideas into my classroom. Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete